The kitchen is the most essential room in your home. You want your kitchen design to be comfortable and welcoming while refelecting your lifestyle and personality. A new kitchen design means you need to learn all you can. Ask yourself questions about your lifestyle, needs and desires.
However, finding the perfect balance for your kitchen is no easy task. From choosing a designer to picking out colors, materials, styles and the latest trends. A new kitchen project can be daunting. How do you turn your dream into a reality? Where do I start gathering kitchen ideas?
Take the time to ask yourself some questions about you FAMILY and LIFESTYLE …
- How many members are in your household?
- What are the approximate ages of family members?
- How long do you plan on living in the home you are to remodel or build?
- Where does your family eat a kitchen, dining room, family room?
- How often do you entertain? Do you entertain in the kitchen?
- How many do you want to seat?
The there are some questions about COOKING STYLE and KITCHEN USAGE …
- Who is the primary cook?
- How may other household members cook?
- Does the primary cook have any physical limitations?
- What other activities do you do in your kitchen (Baking, Canning, Arts and Craft, watch TV, listen to the Radio, etc)
Then there are some DETAILED QUESTIONS about what you would like to have in your kitchen …
- What small appliances do you use in your kitchen?
- Which items need specialized storage?
- Which items do you recycle?
- Where would yo like to store items?
And then finally what DESIGN | STYLE and DECORATIONS | FINISHES do you like …
What type of feeling would you like your new space to have?
- Sleek / Contemporary
- Open and airy
- Family retreat
- Personal design statement
- Strictly functional, etc.
What colors do you particularly dislike?
What wood types or finishes are you considering for your new kitchen?
There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to these questions. Everyone has there personal preferences. The purpose of them is to allow you to pick your own brain and engage in the design process. Think about the products and services you will need for your project.
If you are engaged in the design process you can quickly, easily and painlessly design your project before construction begins.
Good design is not a secret. You can turn you dream kitchen into a reality.